We're looking for a Designer to join our team. As a full service agency, we concept, build, and optimize digital experiences for amazing brands—your role will integrate with our existing team, supporting every part of the project cycle (user research, experience maps, UX + UI in responsive prototypes, front-end reviews + QA, etc). As you grow into the role, you’ll own client-facing deliverables from start to finish.
- Be flexible. Every good designer has their own style, but great designers are able to mimic their client's creative/branding to deliver something that satisfies the brief, and their own aesthetic.
- Be curious. We ask our designers to decipher and translate user data, analytics, and environment/tech restrictions into creative. This might not be something you've done in the past, but we're open to teaching...see Collaborate, below.
- Be practical. Having a knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, and CMS environments informs (but does not stifle) your design approach. At Third & Grove we design and build sites, so having a strong understanding of front-end tech for responsive websites and the inherent limitations of translating a pixel perfect PSD to an in-browser experience is important—and will keep you in good standing with our dev team :)
- Collaborate. We have all kinds of folks on our team, and as the old saying goes, we are more than the sum of our parts. Knowing who to ask is less important than knowing you should ask. Collectively the TAG team has worked on some of the largest and most complex websites in the world, which is to say, you should feel comfortable (and look forward to) learning—just as we expect to learn from you.
- Are smart
- Eligible to work in the US
- Have three to five years working as a digital designer
- Have an online portfolio that we can review
- Design for all devices, not just desktop or phones. We are a responsive-first digital agency, which means we build solutions that work brilliantly on all devices and all platforms.
- Know the Adobe Suite inside and out
- Experience with Sketch a plus
- Experience with Webflow a bigger plus
- Understand HTML, CSS, JS, and CMS environments.
- If you've worked extensively with Wordrpress/Craft/Drupal/Magento/Shopify, let us know!
- Understand SEO conceptually (if you understand markup and architecture, all the better)
- Have used web-based productivity tools like Slack, Basecamp, JIRA, Asana, etc
- Lead by example, and generally have a good attitude
About Third & Grove
Third & Grove is an independent, full-service digital agency. We believe in building things the right way, coding standards, and pushing ourselves to be better engineers, producers, designers, and all-out innovators.